Tuesday 29 March 2016

MASKart - Rob Addison

I was going through Facebook the other day when something caught my eye...


An ardent M.A.S.K. fan, Rob Addison, shared some of his drawings.  Not all were of M.A.S.K., some featured Transformers, He-Man and Scooby Doo to name but a small few.

The Picture above was the first one that I saw and I was impressed.  Many people may not remember Matt Trakker's "Jungle Challenge" Adventure Pack - it came with his Arrow Mask, crossbow, grappling hooks and various other accessories.

Although not featured in either the cartoons or the US DC Comics - this was released after their demise - this pack did feature in the UK Comics.  The figure was a repaint of Matt Trakker's Thunderhawk/Spectrum Flight Suit.

The Adventure Packs were amazing.  Rob has truly managed to capture the essence of this figure in the image above complimented by his great work on Matt Trakker wearing his Spectrum Fatigues and Buddie Hawks.

In Rob's next image - 


We realise that the first picture is part of something larger as we now see Brad Turner on Condor and Jaques La Fleur manning Volcano's cannon.

His depiction of Volcano is amazing - on par with many of the images in the UK Comics.  Once I saw these images, I wanted to see more....


I'm guessing that this picture is also part of something larger as we see various vehicles in action mode with a couple of Masks thrown in for good measure.

I would like to say there is a particular part of this image that I like the best - but the whole thing is great.  I would love to see Rob Addison do a storyboard for my script - what do you think, Rob?

And the last image that I'm going to share....


There are no prizes - but I'm going to throw it out there, can you guess all of the characters/vehicles/movies/etc.???

Rob Addison, you are a LegEnd!!!

#assembleMASK #DIC #MASKComics
#MASKday #MASKcrusade

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's some damm fine drawing skills there

    ReplyDelete