Tuesday 11 December 2012

Interview with Erik - boulder-hill.net



As many of you will know by now, there are many M.A.S.K. sites on the web.  boulder-hill.net is one such site that has an array of information on the world of Mobile Armored Strike Kommand.

Recently, I was interviewed for this great site and thought that I would return the favour -

maskcomics:  Who are you?

boulder-hill.net:  My name is Erik, and I’m from Southern California, in the good old U.S. of A. Next year, sadly, I’ll be turning 30 years young. Oh yeah, I run boulder-hill.net

maskcomics:  Did you collect the DC M.A.S.K. comics growing up?

boulder-hill.net:  Funny enough, I didn’t. I say it’s funny because I was (and am) totally in love with M.A.S.K. and I’ve been a big comic collector since I was about 6 or 7 years old. I even worked in a comic book store for a number of years. It wasn’t until I had been working at the comic book store that I even learned M.A.S.K. had a comic book adaptation. Of course now I own all the issues (actually if you want to be technical I own two copies of each issue).

maskcomics:  Do you own the Toy Insert Comics Featured on  your website?

boulder-hill.net:  I do. Like almost everything else on my site, if you see it, I own it, with a couple exceptions. I scanned those toy comics and posted them up hoping to let some people relive the fun they had with M.A.S.K. as a kid.

maskcomics:  Did you ever collect any other variants such as from the UK or Germany?

boulder-hill.net:  I don’t spend a lot of effort on non American versions of toys. Not because I don’t want them, but because I want to finish my US collection first. That being said, I do have a few variants figures that I’ve picked up. I love the crazy repaint jobs on them. The one UK variant that I did track down on purpose was T-Bob. I think it’s really cool that he came in his own box for the UK release. In the US Scott and T-Bob were just put out on a blister card, like an Adventure Pack. Hopefully down the line I can pursue more of the non-US versions and add them to my collection.

maskcomics:  Which was your favourite issue of the comic?

boulder-hill.net:  It’s kind of funny. My favorite issue is one I don’t own. A friend of mine in the UK sent me some scans of issues he had. One in particular I loved, The Adventures of Cliff Dagger. It’s just a silly one page thing where Dagger ends up in the mud, but I love it. It’s also one of the few things on my website I don’t actually own!

maskcomics:  The Adventures of Cliff Dagger appeared later on in the run of comics so my blog readers can look forward to more on that in the future.  Will you be featuring more information about the comics on your website?

boulder-hill.net:  I definitely hope to. The friend who sent me that Cliff Dagger page sent me some others as well, so hopefully I can get those posted up. Unfortunately it’s pretty difficult to get any of the UK comics over here, so I’m mostly limited to the American releases. I do hope to get the DC series up on my site. At least the covers if nothing else.

maskcomics:  Any other information to end with?

boulder-hill.net:  Well I want to say thanks for showing interest in my site and I’m flattered you wanted to talk to me. For any readers out there I’d love to see your comments on my site. It lets me know what I’m doing right (and wrong) or just to know you’re out there. A couple personal M.A.S.K. bits of info regarding myself, for anyone interested; my favorite character is Brad Turner with Buddy ‘Clutch’ Hawks a close second, my favorite vehicle is Condor, and my favorite episode is The Magma Mole. Anyone who wants to contact me can reach me through my email: admin@boulder-hill.net and if for some lucky reason Seth Green reads this, I’d love to do a Q&A about M.A.S.K.!

maskcomics:  I'm sure that if Seth is reading they'll get in touch with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment